AED LAW CENTER SUBSCRIBER AGREEMENTFrom Readiness Systems
Readiness Systems, LLC
AED Law Center Subscriber Agreement
Last updated on March 2015
By accessing and using the Website, you agree to be bound by the terms of this Agreement. If you do not agree to be bound by the terms of this Agreement, you should not use the Website. To the extent you already have access to or are using the Service, you are hereby notified that your continued use of a Service is subject to this Agreement.
If you work for or represent a business, you represent that you are authorized by that business to enter into this Agreement on behalf of that business. You understand that we are relying on the fact that you are authorized to enter into this agreement on behalf of that business. When we use the words “you” or “your” in this Agreement, we refer both to you, individually, and the company you may work for, own or represent.
1. Changes to Subscriber Agreement. We may change the terms of this Agreement at any time by notifying you of the change in writing or electronically (including without limitation, by email or by posting a notice on the Website that the terms have been “updated” or similar words). The changes to this AED Law Center Subscriber Agreement also will appear in this document, which you can access at any time at www.readisys.com or www.aedlawcenter.com. You signify that you agree to be bound by such changes by using the Service after changes are made to this Agreement.
3. Fees and Payments. You agree to pay the subscription fees and any other charges incurred in connection with your access to the Service (including any applicable taxes) at the rates in effect when the charges were incurred. If your subscription includes access to areas containing premium content or services, your access to such areas may be subject to additional fees, terms and conditions, which will be separately disclosed in such areas. We will bill all charges automatically to your credit card through our Stripe.com account. Subscription fees will be billed at the beginning of your subscription or any renewal. Unless we state in writing otherwise, all fees and charges are nonrefundable. We may change the fees and charges then in effect, or add new fees or charges, by giving you notice in advance, which may be via email or regular mail.
4. Renewal and Cancellation. Your subscription will renew automatically, unless it is cancelled in accordance with this Section. For annual subscriptions, we will notify you via email of the pending renewal of your subscription at least 30 days prior to the date your subscription renews, except as otherwise required by law. For all subscriptions, you must cancel your subscription before it renews in order to avoid billing of subscription fees for the renewal term to your credit card. You can cancel your subscription before it renews by going into your Account Settings and clicking Cancel Subscription. You may not cancel your subscription in the middle of a subscription term; cancellation by you of your subscription will become effective at the end of the then current subscription term. We may cancel your subscription at any time if you breach the terms of this Agreement by notifying you.
5. Exceptions for Various Types of Subscribers. If your access to the Service is provided by, or through your business or employer, or if you have paid for access to the Service in connection with your purchase of consulting services or other products or services from Readiness Systems, or purchased your subscription to the Service through a distributor or sales agent rather than from us directly, some or all of the “Fees and Payments” and “Renewal and Cancellation” terms may not apply to you. Please contact your employer, business, the distributor or sales agent, as applicable, or our Customer Service department at email@example.com for details. If you access a Service as part of a free trial or otherwise without becoming a subscriber, you are hereby notified that all of the terms and conditions of this AED Law Center Subscriber Agreement except the section labeled “Fees and Payments” and “Renewal and Cancellation” apply to your use and access of the Service.
6. Copyrights, Trademarks and Other Proprietary Rights. The Website, including the Service, and its entire contents, features and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof, HTML code, and “look and feel” of the Website), are owned by us, our licensors or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws. You should assume that everything you read or see on the Website is copyrighted, trademarked, or otherwise protected and owned or licensed by Readiness Systems. Except as expressly permitted by this Agreement, nothing that you read or see on the Website or in content viewable on or downloadable from the Website may be copied, reproduced, modified, distributed, transmitted, republished, displayed or performed without our prior written consent. You may not modify any content you download or access from the Website. You shall not change or delete any copyright or other ownership notices from materials downloaded or printed from our Website. You agree to abide by any copyright notice or other restriction contained in any materials accessible through the Website.
Readiness Systems, LLC, the terms AED Program Design Guidelines™, AED Law Center™, AED Law Profile™, and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans are trademarks of Readiness Systems. You must not use such marks without our prior written permission. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans on this Website are the trademarks of their respective owners.
7. Limitations on Use.
7.1 Only one individual may access the Service using the same user name or password unless multiple users are authorized in writing by Readiness Systems.
7.2 Unless you have our written consent, you may not sell, publish, distribute, retransmit or otherwise provide access to the content received through the Website, including the Service, to anyone, except that you may distribute copies of documents you have printed or downloaded from the Website only to other employees of the company you work for, own, or represent, without charge, provided you include all copyright and other proprietary rights notices in the same form in which the notices appear in the Website.
7.3 You agree not to use the Service for any unlawful purpose.
We may terminate or restrict your access to a Service if, in our opinion, your use of the Website violates any laws, regulations or rulings, infringe upon another person’s rights or violate the terms of this Agreement.
8. Information Is Not Legal Advice. The information available on or through the Website, including the Service, is not intended to be, does not constitute, and should not be relied upon as legal advice or services. Readiness Systems does not provide legal advice or legal services.
9. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES REGARDING THE SERVICE OR ITS CONTENT. THE SERVICE AND ITS CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS-IS, WHERE-IS”, WITH NO GUARANTEE OF COMPLETENESS, ACCURACY, OR TIMELINESS, AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF PERFORMANCE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY IMPLIED INDEMNITIES. YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND ANY CONTENT THAT YOU DOWNLOAD, VIEW, OR ACCESS FROM THE SERVICE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK.
NO DEALER, AGENT, BROKER, DISTRIBUTOR, REPRESENTATIVE, LICENSEE OR EMPLOYEE OF READINESS SYSTEMS IS AUTHORIZED TO MAKE ANY MODIFICATIONS, EXTENSION, OR ADDITIONS TO THESE DISCLAIMERS.
THE LAWS OF YOUR JURISDICTION MAY PROHIBIT OR MODIFY THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS ON DAMAGES, AND SUCH DISCLAIMERS OR LIMITATIONS ON DAMAGES MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. BY ACCESSING OR USING THE SERVICE, YOU AGREE THAT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL READINESS SYSTEMS OR ITS AFFILIATES, OR ANY OF THEIR PARTNERS, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, MANAGERS, MEMBERS, OR EMPLOYEES, BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR (1) ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED IN OR OMITTED FROM THE SERVICE, (2) ANY RELIANCE ON SUCH INFORMATION WHETHER OR NOT THE INFORMATION IS CORRECT, CURRENT OR COMPLETE, (3) ANY DECISION MADE OR ACTION TAKEN IN RELIANCE ON THE INFORMATION IN THE SERVICE, OR (4) FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, LOST PROFITS, OR SIMILAR DAMAGES, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE. READINESS SYSTEMS AND ITS AFFILIATES SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER RELATING TO YOUR ACCESS AND USE OF THE SERVICE, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
11. Your Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Readiness Systems and its affiliates, and each of their partners, agents, representatives, officers, directors, managers, members, or employees from and against any claims, actions or demands, liabilities and settlements including, without limitation, reasonable legal, expert witness and accounting fees and costs, arising from or relating to your breach or violation of this Agreement or any activity related to your use of the Website, including the Service (including without limitation infringement or violation of third parties’ intellectual property rights or negligent or wrongful conduct).
12.1 Governing Law and Jurisdiction. Readiness Systems does not agree, represent or warrant that the materials or content on the Service are appropriate for use outside of the United States. If you access the Service from outside of the United States, you do so on your own initiative and at your own risk and you are responsible for compliance with local laws. This Agreement (as defined below) shall be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Oregon, without giving effect to principles and provisions thereof relating to conflict or choice of laws irrespective of the fact that any one of the parties is now or may become a resident of a different state. Venue for any action under this Agreement shall lie only in Multnomah County, Oregon. You hereby consent to personal jurisdiction over you by the courts within Multnomah County, Oregon and waive all objection and challenge to such venue and personal jurisdiction.
12.3 Compliance with Laws. You will comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations in connection with your use of our Website, including the Service, and will not engage in any act that has an adverse impact on the performance or availability of our Website.
12.4 Assignment. We may assign or transfer our rights and duties under this Agreement to any party at any time without notice to you and/or your approval.
12.5 Questions Regarding the Website or the Service. Questions or comments regarding this Website or the Service should be directed to Readiness Systems by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at (855) 291-9100.
12.7 Severability and Waiver. If any provision of this Agreement shall be held invalid, illegal or unenforceable, such provision shall be enforced to the maximum extent permitted by law and the parties’ fundamental intentions hereunder, and the remaining provisions shall not be affected or impaired. Failure by either of us to insist on the strict performance of any of the terms of this Agreement in one or more cases shall not be considered a waiver or relinquishment for the future of any such term or condition or of any other term or condition.
12.8 Survival. Sections 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12 of this AED Law Center Subscriber Agreement shall survive termination of this Agreement and termination of your use of the Service.